If you have been in a car accident or pedestrian accident, be sure to take (or have someone take) the following steps:
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Do not apologize or admit fault, as it can be misconstrued regarding liability.
- Exchange insurance information.
- Take photographs of the vehicle damage and the scene of the accident.
- Take photographs of any visible injuries suffered in the crash
- Communicate to any police officers, medics, and/or hospital personnel that you are injured.
- Specifically describe the nature of your injuries in order for the police to include it in the Accident Report
- Decline any quick injury settlements.
- Legal Representation – Contact an experienced car accident and/or pedestrian accident attorney so you can be advised on your legal rights and the accident can be investigated. Steps should be taken immediately to preserve evidence and identify witnesses
You should not give a statement to any insurance company without first talking to an experienced auto accident or pedestrian accident attorney.